Aparajitha Rajagopalan has one of the most aesthetically pleasing Instagram pages that exist. Moreover, the recipes look yummy. Which is why we have picked 3 of our favourite recipes for you to cook this week (or any other week). Do let us know how you get on.
Recipes to Cook This Week
For the sauce:
|Red bell pepper||1|
|Green bell pepper||1|
|Anaheim or California pepper||1|
|Garlic||2 pods minced|
|Celery||2 sticks chopped|
|Basil||2 tbsp. Chopped|
|Mixed dry herbs||1 tbsp.|
|Olive oil||2 tbsp.|
|Olive oil||1 tbsp.|
|Garlic||1 pod crushed|
|Parsley||1 tbsp. Chopped|
|Basil||1 tbsp. Chopped|
|Salt & Pepper||To taste|
To make the Sauce:
- Roast the peppers and the tomatoes till their skin turn Black.
- Place them in a bowl & cover it with a cling wrap.
- Let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the charred skin and the seed and chop them.
- To a pan add olive oil, minced garlic and onion, saute it till the onions become transparent.
- Add chopped carrots, celery, peppers, tomatoes and dried herbs saute add water in batches and allow it Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir it in constant intervals.
- Add salt to taste and chopped Basil. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Allow the gravy to cool down and grind it to a smooth and thick sauce like consistency.
To layer, season & bake:
- Pour the sauce into a casserole. I used a cake tin though. Smoothen it out.
- Thinly slice the eggplant, zucchini & tomatoes and arrange it alternating each other.
- Drizzle olive oil, crushed garlic, fresh herbs & season it with salt & pepper.
- Bake it for an hour in 180c.
- Season with some fresh herbs right before serving.
Serve it warm with rice or bread.
|Cumin seeds||1 Tsp.|
|Onion||2 (Medium sized chopped)|
|Ginger Garlic Paste||1 Tbsp.|
|Tomato||2 (medium sized chopped)|
|Red Chilli Powder||2 Tsp.|
|Coriander powder||1 Tsp.|
|Garam Masala||1 Tsp.|
|Roasted cumin powder||3/4 Tsp.|
|Cauliflower||1 (Cut to small florets)|
|Peas (Fresh/frozen)||1 Cup.|
|Kasuri Methi (Dried fenugreek leaves)||1 Tbsp.|
|Fresh Coriander||1-2 Tbsp. (Chopped)|
- Cut the cauliflower to small florets, rinse and blanch it.
- Cube the Potatoes and parboil it.
- To a Pan add oil and heat. Add cumin seeds and a slit green chilli. Let it splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions, ginger garlic paste and sauté till well cooked.
- Add turmeric powder and chopped tomatoes. Sauté and continue to cook till everything turns soft and mushy.
- Add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala and cumin powder. Mix well and continue to cook for 2- minutes.
- Add a cup of hot water, salt to taste and the blanched cauliflower.
- Cover and for 5-6 minutes. Add parboiled potatoes and peas.
- Mix well and continue to cook till all the moisture is absorbed
- Add kasuri methi towards the end, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Add freshly chopped coriander and mix well.
- Serve hot with steamed rice or any flat bread of your choice.
Tips & Variations:
- Add more water to the curry and do not let it absorb all the moisture to make it a gravy
- You can skip parboiling the potato and add it along with the cauliflower and allow it to cook together.
- Blanch the cauliflower for 2-3 minutes by adding 1/2tsp of turmeric and salt to remove any worms or pesticide.
- Skip adding potatoes if you want the dish to be low carb.
|Condensed Milk||1 Tsp.|
|Cream Cheese||2 Tbsp.|
|Frozen Strawberries||1 cup|
|Strawberry Compote||1 Tsp.|
|Heavy Cream||2 Tbsp.|
|Whipped Cream||To Taste|
|Digestive Biscuit||1 (Crushed)|
|Whole fresh Strawberry||1|
- To a blender, all the ingredients excluding Whipped Cream, crushed digestive biscuit and fresh strawberry.
- Blend all ingredients to thick smooth shake.
- Transfer it to a serving glass and top it with whipped cream, crushed biscuit and fresh strawberry.
Tips & Variation:
- Feel free to add other berried or cherry of your choice to make your favourite variant of cheesecake shake.
- Condensed milk can be replaced with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Strawberry sauce or Jam works great as a replacement instead of strawberry compote.
- Make sure all the ingredients are used right out of the refrigerator and are cold.
Let us know if you liked our Recipes to Cook this week. If you tried any of the recipes do let us know how you go on.