A little coverage goes a long way. What is it about tints that has taken over the beauty world by storm?
With the rise of medium to low coverage, acceptance of texture and blemishes, and hybrid products that provide our skin with a touch of care – a seemingly obvious next favourite is the takeover of tints. From moisturisers to sunscreens to blushes, tints are everywhere. Tints provide a glow that’s hard to shy away from, along with a natural-looking finish that doesn’t leave a slew of cake in your wake.
WHY TINTS ARE TAKING OVER
This boom of tinted everything is a part of the currently dominating ‘clean girl beauty’ era, with individuals going for a more natural and comfortable finish over OTT looks. Add to that the best quality that tints possess: Being multipurpose. With dewy glass skin still being quite the rage, the tint game is not going to die out any time soon.
WHAT CAN YOU USE THEM FOR
More like, what can’t you use them for? Tints can be used as a base for your make-up or in a foundation to conceal spots and blemishes, to reduce the appearance of pores, as blush, as eyeshadow, or as a highlighter too. It doesn’t stop there. Lip tints and lip oils have just become more popular given their efficacy.
THE BENEFIT OF TINTS
Apart from being extremely comfortable to wear because of most tints are lightweight, they also don’t clog up your pores as much as heavy make-up can do. Tints also come with skincare benefits, with many sporting vitamin E, SPF, and other ingredients that make them the perfect hybrid make-up products to use.
HOW TO LAYER YOUR MAKE-UP USING TINTS:
1. Start with a well hydrated but not oily face.
2. Move on to a thin primer that is not mattifying to give your skin a healthy glow.
3. Use a skin tint (essentially tinted moisturiser or serum) for your base. If you have a long day ahead of you, make sure your skin tint sports SPF.
4. If a few spots, blemishes, or dark circles are still visible and you want more coverage, use a lightweight concealer. Don’t put on too much product, and blend it in with your fingers.
5. Grab a cheek, lip, and eye tint of matching colours and dab on gently on your cheeks, lips and eyes respectively. If you want to add some more moisture to your look, use a lip tint with a lip oil over it.
6. Use a highlighter if you want a little extra shine before finishing up with a dewy setting spray.
HERE ARE OUR TOP PICKS FOR THE TINT TAKEOVER
Huda Beauty Cheeky Tint Blush Stick, INR 2,350
Forest Essentials Noor Nikhar Cheek Tint, INR 1,350
RAS Luxury Oils Oh So Luxe Tinted Liquid Lip Balm, INR 1,090
Color Chemistry Lip & Cheek Tint, INR 799
Smashbox Halo Healthy Glow All-In-One Tinted Moisturizer, INR 2,950
Benefit Cosmetics Benetint, INR 1,950