Vegan Pad Thai with black bean noodles by Maya Pereira from Lean Kitchen
Black bean noodles are high in protein. It’s a good source of protein for vegans. Here they’re tossed with vegetables and an almond-butter-based sauce for a quick low-carb, vegetarian weeknight dinner.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded peeled carrots
- ½ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ cup peas
- 2 Chopped bird eye chilli
- 2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
- Miso paste 1 tsp
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 100 gms black bean noodles, prepared according to package instructions
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the sesame oil Add the broccoli, carrots, red pepper, and peas and sauté until tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
Whisk the miso ,vinegar ,almond butter, chopped bird eye chili and water in a small bowl.
Add the black beans noodles and almond butter blend to the skillet and mix to incorporate. Top with the green onions , parsley and sesame seeds and toasted almonds.
Grape fruit salad by Ansab Khan Head of Culinary Operations, Burma Burma Restaurant and Tea Room
- 2 cups Grape fruit
- 2 tbsp Brown onion
- 1/2 Onion sliced
- 1 tbsp Spring onion greens
- 1 tbsp Roasted gram flour
- 1 tbsp Crushed peanuts
- 1 tsp Chilli oil
- 1 tsp Turmeric oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Honey
1. Peel the grape fruit and put it in a mixing bowl.
2. Add in both sliced & fried onion followed by the gram flour & mix gently
3. Now add in the chilli & turmeric oil, crushed peanuts, salt & honey and mix well
4. Garnish with green onions before serving
Dinner Rolls by Chef Sanjana Patel of La Folie.
- 340 g Bread Flour
- 160 g All-purpose Flour
- 10 g Salt
- 4 g Yeast
- 30 g Oil
- 30 g Butter
- 30 g Sugar
- 250 g Cold Water (3°C
1. Mix all ingredients together except the oil until 23°C. Add in oil & mix until 25°C.
2. Allow the dough to proof for 1 hour at 28°C.
3. Fold in 4 ways and shape.
4. Allow one final proof and glaze the bread with egg wash before baking.
5. Bake at 180 – 210°C for 10-12 min, depending on the size. (recommended: 60g)
Roasted yellow pepper gazpacho by chef Rahul Akerker of Qualia.
- 500 grams yellow capsicums
- 5 large cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon roast cumin powder
- 3 boiled eggs sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil and parsley to garnish
1. Deseed the peppers. Place peppers and whole garlic cloves on the oven tray. Cover in a few tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast at about 150 degrees till the skins of the peppers come loose.
2. Keep aside to cool, and remove skin. Chop roughly. Save the oil and juices remaining on the tray with the garlic.
3. Peel and deseed cucumbers
4. Chop onion.
5. Blend the cucumbers, onions, roasted peppers and garlic with leftover jus. You may add a little cold water to adjust the thickness.
6. Add lime juice, and teaspoon of roasted cumin powder. Blend for another minute.
7. Serve chilled. Garnish with extra virgin olive oil, parsley and boiled egg.
Eggs on potatoes by Hemant Oberoi, Chef and Owner, Hemant Oberoi Restaurant
- 1 Chopped onions
- 1 tea spoon Chopped garlic
- 1 tea spoon Chopped ginger
- 2 Chopped chillies
- 2 Chopped tomatoes
- Few Coriander leaves
- 2 Potatoes sliced
- 5 gms Cumin – seed
- 5gms Chilli powder
- 5 gms Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 Eggs
- 15 ml Oil
1.Heat oil in a pan , add cumin seeds till crackle
2. Add chopped onions sauté
3.Add chopped garlic , ginger and sauté
4. Add chopped tomatoes and spices .
5.Meanwhile blanch sliced potatoes till almost cooked
5.Add drained potatoes to the onion tomato mixture and lightly mix it, check seasoning
6. break two eggs on potatoes mix and cover the pan with a lid to cook the egg
7. garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot
Carrot Cake with coconut toffee sauce by Lakhan Jethani of Mizu
For the carrot cake
- 150 gms grated carrot
- 100 gms flour
- 80gm oil
- 70gm castor sugar
- 30 chopped almonds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
Mix all ingredients together.
Grease the mould of the baking tray
Pour and bake at 160’C for 30-35 mins
For the coffee toffee sauce
- 125gm sugar
- 90ml coconut cream/ Amul butter
- 65 gms butter
Mix all of them together and heat in on a stove. Reduce all together till it costs the back of your spoon.
Pour the coffee sauce on top and it is ready to serve!