Going through mental or physical stress is now very common because of our lifestyle, the amount of pressure we have to fulfil every desire of ours, to achieve something materialistic has made our life more robotic and we have become like human machines who work..work and work all the time.If we are physically not working we have wired our brain in such a manner that it’s working all the time. In such an exerting environment it’s so necessary for us to relive and rewire our brain to boost its productivity, for a healthy mind and a healthy body.
A research conducted by a group of scientist shows how going outside and connecting with nature is good for our health and brain. Exploring the nature around us, connecting with the creations of God can help boost our mental and physical health, reduce the level of stress and make us more thankful to God for making us a part of his gorgeous creation.
Few easy ways in which we can connect with nature are very simple and can be easily adjusted in our busy schedules.
- This one activity is my most favourite that instantly freshens me up and boosts my mind and soul. Take a walk. A simple walk around your neighbourhood can fill so much energy in our body and mind. The time you are out for a walk just try and disconnect from your phone and enjoy the nature around you.The beautiful greenery..the chirping of the bird and see how good and rejuvenated you feel.
- Go out with your kids to the park and instead of sitting and engaging on social media talk to your kids about the beauty of the earth..the gorgeous creations of god. This way you and your kids will get to connect with nature and appreciate the creations of God and you will also connect with your kids.
- If you are planning any meetings with your friends..your community try and plan an outdoor gathering. So that you all can enjoy your gathering and connect with nature.
- If you have a backyard and you enjoy gardening make sure to spend a few minutes of your day in your garden caring and nurturing for your plants.
- Ditch your car..ditch the local transport and go by walking or cycling to your nearest grocery store for your grocery errands.
- Sometimes you can simply take your book and instead of reading cuddled up in your blanket go out and sit in the park and read it there. The best feeling you get. In winters I love going out to the bench near the lake along with my book and a cup of tea. I feel so fresh and get a better understanding of the book.
Connecting with nature is the most important thing in an otherwise busy life which is filled up with the chaos of day to day schedules. It’s great for mental health…physical health…soul-satisfying…and of course we connect with nature and feel more appreciative to the creation of god.
Try and take out at least 10 minutes from your day to relieve and rewire yourself by connecting with nature.