Snapper & Coconut Ceviche
- 250gm snapper fillet,
- diced 60gm pineapple
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
For Coconut Leche de tigre:
- 120ml lime juice
- 160ml coconut milk
- 5cm celery stick1inch stick ginger
- 20gm fish filet trimmings
- 2-4 coriander stems
- Salt, to taste
For Curry leaf oil:
- 4 stem curry leaves
- 100ml oil
- Crispy curry leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Blanch curry leaves and shock in ice water after 30 seconds. Blend with oil until emulsified. Strain and keep aside.
- Blend all ingredients on high. Season as per taste. Fine strain and refrigerate.
- Place pineapple over a flame till charred on the outside. Cut into dices and keep chilled.
- Marinate the fish with salt and Leche de tigre. Allow fish to sit in the Leche de tigre for atleast 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Add sliced onions to ice water and allow it to soak for 5 minutes.
- To assemble, stir in all the ingredients(make sure all chilled) together and served in achilled bowl. Garnish with curry leaf oil, greens and jalapeno slices. Serve with crispy tortillas or sweet potato crisps.
● Make sure fish is fresh and not frozen
● Snapper can be replaced with Perch, Seabass, etc.
● Always served chilled and never let it sit out at room temperature.
● Chill the serving bowl before serving to keep dish chilled